About the role
Are you passionate about opening up opportunities for high school students from challenging backgrounds? Do you believe we can equip a resilient, innovative student for university, even if their high school ATAR is too low? If so, how do we evidence this? Led by the Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion, this project will use new forms of technology-enabled evidence to help students demonstrate their readiness for a place on a UTS degree program by graduating from U@Uni Academy.
In this role you will:
- Co-design engaging student activities in which the learning outcomes and assessment criteria enable the tracking of transferable competencies.
- Use the REVIEW assessment tracking platform to perform this mapping, to provide the progress tracking analytics.
- Working with educators and CIC’s team, deploy and evaluate the AcaWriter and Learning Journeys tools, to build students’ capacity to reflect (i) on what they are learning through reflective writing, and (ii) their learning dispositions.
- Disseminate the project’s work to diverse audiences including educational and learning analytics researchers, school/university leaders and educators, and policymakers.
You will report to Prof. Simon Buckingham Shum (CIC Director) liaising closely with colleagues across CIC. The successful candidate will either be appointed as a Research Fellow or Research Assistant.
You will have outstanding interpersonal skills enabling you to work productively and collegially with university academics and high school teachers.
You will also have:
- Knowledge in Learning Design and/or Educational Assessment Design
- Workshop/event planning experience
- Skills in quantitative data analysis (competent statistics and reporting)
- Skill sin qualitative data analysis (e.g. transcript/video analysis; observational methodologies; experience sampling).
Please note, there is no official closing date for this role. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All interested parties are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as this role may be removed without notice.