With the explosion in Learning Analytics as a research field and commercial market, it can be hard to find the gems, especially for time-poor educators and analytics designers. Nexus is a new blog, launched by the Society for Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR), conceived and co-edited by CIC’s Simon Buckingham Shum, with Melanie Peffer from the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Nexus is, as the name suggests, a meeting place to connect. Especially for time-poor educators and analytics designers, who don’t have time to keep up with research literature and emerging products, it distills key insights in short, accessible stories from leading experts, including:
- the lessons learnt introducing analytics into universities
- the design principles underpinning good dashboards
- reviews of analytics tools
- advances in learning analytics and visualization that are proven to assist teachers and students
- interviews with innovation leaders
There are plenty of links to go deeper for those who want. Share this with your networks!