Time: 09:00 AM
Location: CIC Ideation Studio, UTS Building 22
This event has concluded.
Stop wasting time and make better decisions
Change is hard. Getting people to understand each other and align on common goals is hard. High stakes decisions have to be made with scant information, brain-hurting complexity and rapidly moving goalposts. Dialogue Mapping cuts through this clutter to bring people’s views together in a fraction of the time it normally takes.
Dialogue Mapping is a versatile design thinking and decision making tool that has been used by innovative organisations all over the world. It adds a whole new dimension to traditionally facilitated workshops such as strategic planning, solution design, goal alignment, options analysis and project lessons learnt. In this two-day, practical and highly interactive experience, master Dialogue Mapper – Paul Culmsee – provided participants with the skills and knowhow to apply the approach to their own work.
Who was this class for?
Those involved in complex decision-making. This includes executives, management consultants, business analysts, project managers, facilitators, change agents and anybody else who wants to get the best out of group wisdom.
Why Dialogue Mapping?
- Utilising a unique approach to visually representing a problem, Dialogue Mapping enables the groups to follow the discussion on a shared display and develop shared commitment to solutions that last.
- Promotes greater shared understanding of complex problems amongst participants and greater commitment to a course of action
- Maps decision and detailed rationale behind decision-making; maps the thinking process of the group, exploring all ideas that underpin decisions
- Represents and clarifies diverse points of view, conflicting interpretations and goals, inconsistent information and other forms of complexity
- Provides an opportunity for all to be heard, contributions acknowledged. Decreases interruptions, repetition and dominance of a few, leverages ‘crowd wisdom’ by tapping into the knowledge of all participants
- Helps participants come up with innovative ideas and avoids jumping to simplistic answers or superficial conclusions
Paul Culmsee is a Management Consultant, Technologist, Facilitator and Sense-maker with 25 years experience. As one of only four CogNexus Certified Dialogue Mappers in the world, Paul commonly works in disciplines as diverse as healthcare, urban planning and large scale construction projects.
Paul is the only authorised Dialogue Mapping trainer outside of the USA and has delivered training around the world.